I spent a few hours last Saturday on the Ayr fishing for grayling. Despite the freezing fog, I managed a couple of nice fish but failed to find a feeding shoal so it couldn’t be described as an action packed afternoon. All the same, I enjoyed trotting maggots down the pools and runs in search of them. On light tackle, these fish are really hard fighting and I can’t understand why more people don’t venture out when the only alternatives are either pike fishing or rainbows at stillwaters (nothing against either but it is nice to be on the river in winter too). As usual, the fish were returned alive to the water.
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.