I spent a few hours last Saturday on the Ayr fishing for grayling. Despite the freezing fog, I managed a couple of nice fish but failed to find a feeding shoal so it couldn’t be described as an action packed afternoon. All the same, I enjoyed trotting maggots down the pools and runs in search of them. On light tackle, these fish are really hard fighting and I can’t understand why more people don’t venture out when the only alternatives are either pike fishing or rainbows at stillwaters (nothing against either but it is nice to be on the river in winter too). As usual, the fish were returned alive to the water.
- Salmon under a cloud inversion December 23, 2021
- Knockendon Fish Rescue December 17, 2021
- Building Brash Bundles for River Restoration with Garnock Connections. December 4, 2021
- Salmon Spawning Water of Girvan November 30, 2021
- Riverbank Stabilisation through the Garnock Connections project November 27, 2021
- The next River Stinchar District Salmon Fishery Board Meeting announced November 22, 2021
- Doon DSFB meeting November 22, 2021
- Trout Spawning on the Stottencleugh Burn November 14, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.