After three days of training 8th-10th March, the assessments have now begun. Myself (Gillian Murray), Tom Campbell (Dreghorn AC) and Sean Connolly (Annbank AC) have set the standard with passing all three exams (PA1, PA6 and PA6AW). Five further volunteers will be assessed between tomorrow (Wed 16th March) and Thurs 17th March. So lets hope the success continues. All volunteers who pass will be supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE), a knapsack sprayer and some chemical allowing them to control invasive weeds within their local river. Ayrshire Rivers Trust are currently involved in four year invasive weed project, funded by the EU, for more information please refer to the CIRB page, which can be found under projects then invasive weeds.
- Merry Christmas December 18, 2020
- Girvan and Stinchar salmon spawning. December 16, 2020
- ART on Countryfile. December 8, 2020
- ART move to a new rural office location September 29, 2020
- More guidance to identify Farmed salmon September 8, 2020
- How to identify a Farmed Salmon September 5, 2020
- Advice on what to do if you catch a farmed salmon August 31, 2020
- Preparing for Crayfish Surveys August 28, 2020
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.