After three days of training 8th-10th March, the assessments have now begun. Myself (Gillian Murray), Tom Campbell (Dreghorn AC) and Sean Connolly (Annbank AC) have set the standard with passing all three exams (PA1, PA6 and PA6AW). Five further volunteers will be assessed between tomorrow (Wed 16th March) and Thurs 17th March. So lets hope the success continues. All volunteers who pass will be supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE), a knapsack sprayer and some chemical allowing them to control invasive weeds within their local river. Ayrshire Rivers Trust are currently involved in four year invasive weed project, funded by the EU, for more information please refer to the CIRB page, which can be found under projects then invasive weeds.
- River Ayr Salmon Run October 3, 2021
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.