After three days of training 8th-10th March, the assessments have now begun. Myself (Gillian Murray), Tom Campbell (Dreghorn AC) and Sean Connolly (Annbank AC) have set the standard with passing all three exams (PA1, PA6 and PA6AW). Five further volunteers will be assessed between tomorrow (Wed 16th March) and Thurs 17th March. So lets hope the success continues. All volunteers who pass will be supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE), a knapsack sprayer and some chemical allowing them to control invasive weeds within their local river. Ayrshire Rivers Trust are currently involved in four year invasive weed project, funded by the EU, for more information please refer to the CIRB page, which can be found under projects then invasive weeds.
- River Ayr, Wellwood River Bank Erosion Control. January 24, 2022
- Salmon under a cloud inversion December 23, 2021
- Knockendon Fish Rescue December 17, 2021
- Building Brash Bundles for River Restoration with Garnock Connections. December 4, 2021
- Salmon Spawning Water of Girvan November 30, 2021
- Riverbank Stabilisation through the Garnock Connections project November 27, 2021
- The next River Stinchar District Salmon Fishery Board Meeting announced November 22, 2021
- Doon DSFB meeting November 22, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.