After three days of training 8th-10th March, the assessments have now begun. Myself (Gillian Murray), Tom Campbell (Dreghorn AC) and Sean Connolly (Annbank AC) have set the standard with passing all three exams (PA1, PA6 and PA6AW). Five further volunteers will be assessed between tomorrow (Wed 16th March) and Thurs 17th March. So lets hope the success continues. All volunteers who pass will be supplied with personal protective equipment (PPE), a knapsack sprayer and some chemical allowing them to control invasive weeds within their local river. Ayrshire Rivers Trust are currently involved in four year invasive weed project, funded by the EU, for more information please refer to the CIRB page, which can be found under projects then invasive weeds.
- Vacancy for a Fisheries Biologist/Environmental Scientist June 2, 2022
- Stinchar DSFB Meeting and AGM May 19, 2022
- Next Stinchar DSFB meeting April 14, 2022
- River Doon AGM April 11, 2022
- Girvan DSFB Meetings – dates announced March 21, 2022
- River Categories for 2022 March 16, 2022
- Culroy Burn Green engineering update – 5 -6 years years on March 15, 2022
- Doon DSFB Notice of upcoming meeting March 9, 2022
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.