What progress? Well after last weeks raised levels and a hiccup over the supply of stainless ‘rebar’, Borland’s men were back in the river yesterday and today resetting the steel and formwork for the last wall. If the rain holds off overnight, the last wall will be poured on Wednesday 25th (April). The shuttering will stay in place for a day or two after which it will be removed and the site cleared up. The last remaining jobs will have to wait until low water; setting the blocks into the fish passes and cutting and sealing the downstream edge of the concrete. Hopefully as we head into May, the weather will improve allowing these job to be completed.
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.