Since my last post i have been out walking areas of the River Ayr and noticed a good few Giant Hogweed plants seemed to have been missed. Some plants have also popped up since the contractors started. The contractors will be out again this week and have been instructed to go over the full river again to make sure no plants get to seed this year. Our other contractors are also now walking over the rivers Irvine, Garnock and the Annick Water to again make sure that no plants have been missed. I will be out today spraying some areas where Giant Hogweed has been reported to us. These reports are key to us so if anyone has spotted any plants while out and about then please let me know.
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Used Fish tackle and Tools for sale April 6, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.