Since my last post i have been out walking areas of the River Ayr and noticed a good few Giant Hogweed plants seemed to have been missed. Some plants have also popped up since the contractors started. The contractors will be out again this week and have been instructed to go over the full river again to make sure no plants get to seed this year. Our other contractors are also now walking over the rivers Irvine, Garnock and the Annick Water to again make sure that no plants have been missed. I will be out today spraying some areas where Giant Hogweed has been reported to us. These reports are key to us so if anyone has spotted any plants while out and about then please let me know.
- Riverbank Stabilisation through the Garnock Connections project November 27, 2021
- The next River Stinchar District Salmon Fishery Board Meeting announced November 22, 2021
- Doon DSFB meeting November 22, 2021
- Trout Spawning on the Stottencleugh Burn November 14, 2021
- Salmon struggles November 12, 2021
- Wet weather and outdoor jobs. October 28, 2021
- River Ayr Salmon Run October 3, 2021
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.