Yesterday’s frost may well indicate that the end of spraying season in very nearly on us but with the sun shining again today it was still worth a last blast on stands that appeared unaffected. Where there is a bit of canopy cover, there should be no reason why the volunteers don’t carry on for the time being unless of course a stand is clearly wilting. I went to Stair today and sprayed a large stand just upstream of the bridge and then on to Failford where I hit a couple more stands until my chemical was finished. Kids had made tunnels through the larger two stands that I dealt with today which just emphasises the importance of tackling this plant when it occurs in accessible areas. Next year there shouldn’t be too much left to deal with at these locations.
- Used Fish tackle and Tools for sale April 6, 2021
- River Stinchar DSFB Meeting March 2021 March 15, 2021
- River Doon District Salmon Fishery Board Meeting March 2021 March 12, 2021
- Catch Data March 8, 2021
- Scale Reading Analysis of Rod Caught Farmed Salmon in 2020 March 2, 2021
- Summer 2020 Video Log February 11, 2021
- Merry Christmas December 18, 2020
- Girvan and Stinchar salmon spawning. December 16, 2020
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.