Yesterday’s frost may well indicate that the end of spraying season in very nearly on us but with the sun shining again today it was still worth a last blast on stands that appeared unaffected. Where there is a bit of canopy cover, there should be no reason why the volunteers don’t carry on for the time being unless of course a stand is clearly wilting. I went to Stair today and sprayed a large stand just upstream of the bridge and then on to Failford where I hit a couple more stands until my chemical was finished. Kids had made tunnels through the larger two stands that I dealt with today which just emphasises the importance of tackling this plant when it occurs in accessible areas. Next year there shouldn’t be too much left to deal with at these locations.
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Used Fish tackle and Tools for sale April 6, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.