Yesterday’s frost may well indicate that the end of spraying season in very nearly on us but with the sun shining again today it was still worth a last blast on stands that appeared unaffected. Where there is a bit of canopy cover, there should be no reason why the volunteers don’t carry on for the time being unless of course a stand is clearly wilting. I went to Stair today and sprayed a large stand just upstream of the bridge and then on to Failford where I hit a couple more stands until my chemical was finished. Kids had made tunnels through the larger two stands that I dealt with today which just emphasises the importance of tackling this plant when it occurs in accessible areas. Next year there shouldn’t be too much left to deal with at these locations.
- Ayrshire Rivers Trust Annual General Meeting August 29, 2022
- Kilmarnock Water Fish Rescue August 23, 2022
- Trustee Advertisment August 22, 2022
- Red Skin Disease July 25, 2022
- Farewell and Good Luck to Muir! July 4, 2022
- Vacancy for a Fisheries Biologist/Environmental Scientist June 2, 2022
- Stinchar DSFB Meeting and AGM May 19, 2022
- Next Stinchar DSFB meeting April 14, 2022
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.