As earlier intimated, the Anderson’s Weir was duly opened for salmon migration today. The full river is being allowed to pass through the fish pass and over the new weir crest at Anderson’s. Things looked good to me when I visited after work this evening and I can hardly wait for the next spate to see how the water flows and fish get over it. I’ve nothing more to add to this but the weather forecast this evening is predicting heavy rain for next wednesday….. here come the fish.
- ART move to a new rural office location September 29, 2020
- More guidance to identify Farmed salmon September 8, 2020
- How to identify a Farmed Salmon September 5, 2020
- Advice on what to do if you catch a farmed salmon August 31, 2020
- Preparing for Crayfish Surveys August 28, 2020
- fencing brings benefits on the Glenstang Burn – River Ayr catchment August 28, 2020
- Green Engineering on the Girvan _progress since April 2016 August 28, 2020
- Cloyntie Burn in the Girvan catchment August 28, 2020
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.