As earlier intimated, the Anderson’s Weir was duly opened for salmon migration today. The full river is being allowed to pass through the fish pass and over the new weir crest at Anderson’s. Things looked good to me when I visited after work this evening and I can hardly wait for the next spate to see how the water flows and fish get over it. I’ve nothing more to add to this but the weather forecast this evening is predicting heavy rain for next wednesday….. here come the fish.
- River Ayr Salmon Run October 3, 2021
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.