Further to a meeting with SEPA yesterday, I again met their representative at the dam this morning along with someone from CCT. Water levels were dropping and it was prudent to recheck the fish pass operation before instructing CCT to make further improvements as we discuss yesterday. What is certain is that something does need to be changed to make the fish pass accessible between the Q90 and Q10 levels (the flow that exists for 80% of the time). The alterations need to happen at the first opportunity as fresh salmon began to appear at Catrine this morning.
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Used Fish tackle and Tools for sale April 6, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.