Further to a meeting with SEPA yesterday, I again met their representative at the dam this morning along with someone from CCT. Water levels were dropping and it was prudent to recheck the fish pass operation before instructing CCT to make further improvements as we discuss yesterday. What is certain is that something does need to be changed to make the fish pass accessible between the Q90 and Q10 levels (the flow that exists for 80% of the time). The alterations need to happen at the first opportunity as fresh salmon began to appear at Catrine this morning.
- Building Brash Bundles for River Restoration with Garnock Connections. December 4, 2021
- Salmon Spawning Water of Girvan November 30, 2021
- Riverbank Stabilisation through the Garnock Connections project November 27, 2021
- The next River Stinchar District Salmon Fishery Board Meeting announced November 22, 2021
- Doon DSFB meeting November 22, 2021
- Trout Spawning on the Stottencleugh Burn November 14, 2021
- Salmon struggles November 12, 2021
- Wet weather and outdoor jobs. October 28, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.