There were a few more smolts active at Catrine this morning. They were taking grannoms and midges from the surface or at least trying to. It is a hit or a miss to capture these images and you really need to have polaroids on to see the fish coming before they rise and the camera at the ready. The real secret is to take hundreds of shots and expect to ditch about 95% of them.
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Open for Applicants! January 30, 2023
- River Girvan DSFB Notices of upcoming meetings January 18, 2023
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Open for Applicants! January 18, 2023
- Happy New Year January 1, 2023
- River Maps November 29, 2022
- New Electrofishing Kit! November 15, 2022
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.