Follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcNSnVSBLg&t=14s to watch numerous eels try to ascend a steep weir on the River Doon. With numbers of eels in serious decline across Scotland and Europe every barrier has an impact; depletion the fish of energy, giving the fish greater exposure to predators and preventing access to large tracts of habitat.
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Deadline Extended to 20th February! January 30, 2023
- River Girvan DSFB Notices of upcoming meetings January 18, 2023
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Open for Applicants! January 18, 2023
- Happy New Year January 1, 2023
- River Maps November 29, 2022
- New Electrofishing Kit! November 15, 2022
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.