Follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcNSnVSBLg&t=14s to watch numerous eels try to ascend a steep weir on the River Doon. With numbers of eels in serious decline across Scotland and Europe every barrier has an impact; depletion the fish of energy, giving the fish greater exposure to predators and preventing access to large tracts of habitat.
- Garnock Connections, Green Engineering on the Dusk Water. September 14, 2021
- Garnock Balsam Bash: August 2nd July 27, 2021
- Eel Migration on the River Doon. July 27, 2021
- Seasonal vacancy (Part-time) June 30, 2021
- Severe Pollution incident on the River Ayr June 11, 2021
- Mill Glen Reservoir Fish removal May 24, 2021
- Next Girvan DSFB Meeting May 21, 2021
- Nethermills Hydro Scheme on the Ayr May 19, 2021
- Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.