I spent a few hours last Saturday on the Ayr fishing for grayling. Despite the freezing fog, I managed a couple of nice fish but failed to find a feeding shoal so it couldn’t be described as an action packed afternoon. All the same, I enjoyed trotting maggots down the pools and runs in search of them. On light tackle, these fish are really hard fighting and I can’t understand why more people don’t venture out when the only alternatives are either pike fishing or rainbows at stillwaters (nothing against either but it is nice to be on the river in winter too). As usual, the fish were returned alive to the water.
- Ayrshire Grown – an ARIA funded project November 14, 2023
- Annual General Meeting 26th October 2023. October 17, 2023
- Green Engineering on the Water of Girvan – Nature Restoration Fund October 11, 2023
- Notice of Girvan Board Meeting 25th October 2023 October 11, 2023
- NEPS Completed! September 12, 2023
- Trust replaces their old van July 26, 2023
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.