Another photo of the Cessnock at the modified stretch, this time when it was in spate. It seems inevitable that there is going to be a serious issue with siltation and diffuse pollution as a direct result of thee modifications. It is interesting that the original burn is contained within it’s meandering channel despite there being considerable erosion taking place.
- Vacancy for a Seasonal Assistant Biologist May 16, 2023
- Tomato Plants for Sale Now! May 10, 2023
- Stair Dam receives timber baulks May 5, 2023
- No Mow May is here! May 3, 2023
- River Ayr District Salmon Fishery Board AGM April 14, 2023
- River Ayr Annual Meeting of Qualified Proprietors April 14, 2023
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.
What a mess, bet that farmer is regretting ever touching the burn.