Follow this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rcNSnVSBLg&t=14s to watch numerous eels try to ascend a steep weir on the River Doon. With numbers of eels in serious decline across Scotland and Europe every barrier has an impact; depletion the fish of energy, giving the fish greater exposure to predators and preventing access to large tracts of habitat.
- Vacancy for a Seasonal Assistant Biologist May 16, 2023
- Tomato Plants for Sale Now! May 10, 2023
- Stair Dam receives timber baulks May 5, 2023
- No Mow May is here! May 3, 2023
- River Ayr District Salmon Fishery Board AGM April 14, 2023
- River Ayr Annual Meeting of Qualified Proprietors April 14, 2023
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.