Yesterday’s frost may well indicate that the end of spraying season in very nearly on us but with the sun shining again today it was still worth a last blast on stands that appeared unaffected. Where there is a bit of canopy cover, there should be no reason why the volunteers don’t carry on for the time being unless of course a stand is clearly wilting. I went to Stair today and sprayed a large stand just upstream of the bridge and then on to Failford where I hit a couple more stands until my chemical was finished. Kids had made tunnels through the larger two stands that I dealt with today which just emphasises the importance of tackling this plant when it occurs in accessible areas. Next year there shouldn’t be too much left to deal with at these locations.
- Ayrshire Grown – an ARIA funded project November 14, 2023
- Annual General Meeting 26th October 2023. October 17, 2023
- Green Engineering on the Water of Girvan – Nature Restoration Fund October 11, 2023
- Notice of Girvan Board Meeting 25th October 2023 October 11, 2023
- NEPS Completed! September 12, 2023
- Trust replaces their old van July 26, 2023
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.