Since my last post i have been out walking areas of the River Ayr and noticed a good few Giant Hogweed plants seemed to have been missed. Some plants have also popped up since the contractors started. The contractors will be out again this week and have been instructed to go over the full river again to make sure no plants get to seed this year. Our other contractors are also now walking over the rivers Irvine, Garnock and the Annick Water to again make sure that no plants have been missed. I will be out today spraying some areas where Giant Hogweed has been reported to us. These reports are key to us so if anyone has spotted any plants while out and about then please let me know.
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Deadline Extended to 20th February! January 30, 2023
- River Girvan DSFB Notices of upcoming meetings January 18, 2023
- Working with Rivers Graduate Placement Scheme – Open for Applicants! January 18, 2023
- Happy New Year January 1, 2023
- River Maps November 29, 2022
- New Electrofishing Kit! November 15, 2022
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.