A couple of years ago we ran a few evening sessions for novice fly-tyers. It was a very basic course that taught participants to dress simple salmon flies. I’m considering repeating similar sessions this winter if there is any interest. Just drop the Trust an email if you would like to take part along with details of your fly tying experience and I’ll see what we can do. If there is enough interest, we could run sessions once a week over a 6 week period.
- Vacancy for a Seasonal Assistant Biologist May 16, 2023
- Tomato Plants for Sale Now! May 10, 2023
- Stair Dam receives timber baulks May 5, 2023
- No Mow May is here! May 3, 2023
- River Ayr District Salmon Fishery Board AGM April 14, 2023
- River Ayr Annual Meeting of Qualified Proprietors April 14, 2023
- Wellwood Project – 2022 December 13, 2022
- Greenock Culvert Fish Pass -2022 December 13, 2022
- River Ayr Giant Hogweed Control – Ongoing since 2018 December 13, 2022
- Loch Doon Smolt Tracking March 1, 2019
- Rivers and Lochs In The Classroom – 2017 March 1, 2019
- Culroy Burn Habitat Improvement Project – 2015 to 2017 March 1, 2019
River Map Prints
We have three fine art map prints available to buy.
Every small donation helps! Payment by credit/debit card is quick and easy.
Hi my name is Callum mckenzie i stay in Girvan and i would be intrested in the fly tying course i have been tying on and off for a while now many thanks
1 macmillan court
Ok Callum. I’ll put your name down on the list and keep you posted.